Monday, April 5, 2010

Twilight Traveller


Herons are one of my favourite birds. I look forward to evening every day lately because a heron will slowly advance on wing towards his evening post in the trees or down to the beach for some twilight fishing. I think it's the same one every day since he seems to follow the same exact path. It's a ritual that makes me feel that, despite all the ills of the day, all of the world continues on unhindered.

This isn't him. This guy was trying to hide from Buster, my dog, when we were down by the ferry dock. Buster may not have seen him but I did. I was thrilled to get such a nice picture of him.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice picture indeed. High B&W contrast, yet enough nuances to clearly see the heron attempting to blend in his surroundings... nice.

    ReplyDelete